1. There is no entry fee to participate in this charitable event.
2. BBQ Competition Categories include: Chicken, Pulled Pork, Brisket, and Ribs.
3. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
5. Event organizers will provide: one 10X20 space, overhead street lighting, limited potable water, styrofoam turn-in containers for judging, sample forks and cups for tastings, grease and ash containers.
6. Participants are responsible for providing: tent/booth, tables, meat/spices/food preparation items, all cooking equipment (including BBQ, generator/extension cord if necessary) serving items if selling food (plates, forks, etc.), ice, fire extinguisher inside tent and any other necessary items for food preparation and clean-up.
7. Items must not exceed boundary of assigned area.
8. Participants are responsible for abiding by health and safety regulations and any other applicable laws related to the preparation and sale of food, and/or other applicable laws. Participants must submit a Temporary Food Facility County health application for this Community Event (non-profit, fee exempt).
9. Cooking guidelines: Propane may only be used as a fire starter (not as a cooking source), meat/seasoning and all preparation must occur on site, meat must be kept at temperatures required by regulation.
10. Participants offering tasting samples to the public must provide for at least 300 guests.
11. Parking spaces for RVs may be requested but are not guaranteed (RVs/vehicles are not allowed in cooking area).
12. The event is not sanctioned and participants must sign a waiver of liability to participate.
13. The event may use your likeness, name, and image in photographs or any other format for legitimate purposes.
14. Animals: due to safety concerns and health code regulations, animals are not allowed at this event, except as required by law.
15. Event organizers reserve the right to amend guidelines as necessary for the event.
*More details will be provided in the coming weeks.
The term “Event Organizers” refers to Fire Family Foundation and African American Firefighter Museum, the co-hosts of “Fire It Up”.
Know anyone else who knows how to make a grill sizzle with flavor?
Please send them a link to this website, or click button below to download a flyer with basic info ... and pass it along!
The Fire It Up!BBQ Competition is a fundraising partnership between two nonprofits that serve and honor the firefighting community. Proceeds will benefit Fire Family Foundation and the African American Firefighter Museum. This year's 2017, 2nd Annual event will be held on Saturday, September 30th from 12pm to 4pm at Firefighters First Credit Union, the headquarters for Fire Family Foundation, located at 815 Colorado Blvd. in Los Angeles, CA 90041.